Quite possibly the simplest of all the flavoured yoghurts you could make, but always a favourite, especially when dolloped onto homemade pancakes. Here's how:
- 1 pint of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon of your most recent homemade natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of your favourite runny honey
- Clean jam jars
- Heat your milk to 50 degrees on the hob
- Pour your milk into clean jars (reusing jam jars works best for this one)
- Add the teaspoon of natural yoghurt to the milk and gently stir it in
- Add the tablespoon of honey and gently stir it in
- A pint of milk will likely make a few jars, so repeat as necessary until the milk is used up
- Securely close the lids and transfer the jars to your YoghurtNest. Put the bonnet in place, pull the cord tight and wait 6 hours!
Optional extras: Add cocoa nibs or dried banana chips for a bit of extra texture. You can do this either before placing the jars into the YogurtNest, when checking the yoghurt after 6 hours or as a serving suggestion just before eating.