Give your picnics and lunches a refreshing zing with this simple tzatziki dip recipe that makes use of both your thick homemade yoghurt from the YogurtNest and the Better Cloth. Incentivising the kids to munch on the carrot sticks rather than dig straight into the cakes can be a bit tricky, but we found this easy dip to be an enjoyable and healthy way of encouraging them to be enthusiastic about all elements of a picnic.
- 300ml of homemade yoghurt thickened with the Better Cloth (a coconut yoghurt can be used to make this a vegan-friendly option)
- Half a cucumber, strained using the Better Cloth
- One clove of garlic
- Some fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- A squirt of lemon
- Make your homemade yoghurt and then leave it to sit in the Better Cloth to strain off excess whey liquid and thicken up - suggest 2 hours in the fridge for this. Or you can check out our tips for making your own coconut yoghurt.
- Finely crush a clove of garlic and gently stir into the yoghurt first.
- Grate the half a cucumber and then squeeze out the liquid using your Better Cloth. Gently stir this into the yoghurt until evenly combined.
- Finely chop the mint leaves and stir into the yoghurt along with the olive oil.
- For a touch of extra freshness add a squirt of squeezed lemon juice.
- Again, stir everything gently until nicely combined and serve with freshly cut vegetable sticks of your choice.