This super-easy chocolate mousse is made using natural yoghurt fresh from your YogurtNest and if you get the perfect avocado is unrecognisable from some of the more guilt-inducing and sugar-filled alternatives. Topping with salted crushed nuts is the perfect finishing touch and a ramekin is a great size to complete a meal - a sweet treat without leaving you feeling too full. There are also vegan-friendly alternatives, which we have detailed in the ingredients, that can be used to suit your personal preference.
- 1 ripe avocado that's soft but not yet turned bitter (you can also use banana for extra sweetness)
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 7 dates
- 2 tbsp. runny honey (use agave nectar as a vegan alternative)
- 6 tbsp. homemade natural yoghurt (plant-based yoghurts, such as soya or almond can be used as vegan alternatives)
- Selection of crushed salted nuts for topping - we used cashews, peanuts and hazelnuts
- Put everything, in order (leaving the nuts aside), into a blender and whizz until the mixture is smooth. If the flavour is too bitter you can add a touch more honey and if it's too thick add an extra spoon of yoghurt.
- Spoon the mix into some ramekins and chill in the fridge.
- Before serving top with crushed salted nuts.